Sunday, June 22, 2008

Lou's Stag

Oh my...What a night last night.

Well, we started out golfing at 2 pm, at River Oaks. Let me start by saying the treatment, the cost and the course have prompted me to never, ever go anywhere near it again. The table I was at got cut off of alcohol after one drink, simply because one of the guys went up to buy everyone a round. Is that not the biggest joke you'll ever hear? It's a decent course, but you can golf for less at nicer courses in and around the city, so I'll be avoiding it from now on.


Anyway, we had the course marshall come and tell us the "advice" he gave someone who wasn't shooting too well. Told him to "just think about a nice pussy...FULL of hair," which proceeded to be our joke for the rest of the afternoon. That and someone having a cart tip over. And someone busting up a cart.

Typical mayhem ensues with the rest of the night. Obligatory strippers. Father of the groom not allowed into the Pal, which ended up causing a fight outside. So we went to the Silver Heights lounge, which was small, but decent...With good drink prices, too.

We get back to his house, now, and he's forgotten the keys in someone else's truck. So off a couple of them go to get them, but he breaks the door down. Dead bolt still in the frame. It was that moment that made my mind up that I was going to go home and not crash on a couch. I had no interest in being around for him getting in shit for doing that. Especially since I think I may have slightly encouraged him to break the door down.

That was the end of the eventful night, though, as at that point everyone began to show up, and then crash.

No comments: